Read More →
Westhollow Society was started to improve the Northwest Dallas area through beautification, advocacy, better development and to increase property value.
Considering that we have received very little support from the community, we have achieved the following:
- Brought the community together for numerous meetings to discuss together what we want for the future of our area.
- Designed, raised money for and installed street signage for Park Forest neighborhood
- Fought for street improvements in the area and successfully managed to get a handful of streets in the area resurfaced. We are still fighting to get them repaved.
- Make continual efforts and continual pressure on Jennifer Staubach-Gates and the city council to meet our community’s needs and demands for equal treatment.
- Give Northwest Dallas an identity that we continually try to market as Westhollow to improve the area’s standing and to give it an identity.
- Planning fundraisers for 2015 including a 5K and Festival.
- Completed beautification plans including design for median beautification at major intersections including Forest and Marsh and Forest and Webb Chapel through city funds matching.
- Spoken with developers and tried to work with them to help our community’s causes and efforts by bringing in better anchors and retail and restaurant establishments.
- Completed a petition for street improvement in our area going to Jennifer Staubach-Gates in February.
Hopefully this year will allow us to achieve more with more donations and grant applications.
If you want to participate, please contact us and we’ll invite you to the next meeting!
Thanks to all of those who joined in 2014 and to those whom support our continued, yet stymied, efforts to better our area for the future!
Read More →
Local groups are getting together to paint the Forest Lane Memory Wall
Come out Saturday and help us restore the art wall along Forest Ln. @ Midway Rd.
All ages are welcome and the paint and brushes will be waiting for you and your stories.
You can make a big difference and lasting memories in just 30 min. Any Saturday this month or any time you see us out painting. (parking on Mendenhall dr.)
Get details and check out progress and updates at:
Read More →
Westhollow Society spearheaded and implemented a funding drive for the Park Forest neighborhood’s Sign Topper funding.
After the sign was designed by Donovan Lord for the Park Forest neighborhood, a funding drive was begun which successfully funded in only 6 weeks!
The signs have been ordered and will be installed by June of this year.
Many thanks to the donors and those that helped to make this a reality. This is merely one of the many services Westhollow Society provides to the neighborhoods in Northwest Dallas.
Our next step is to present our preliminary Master Plan for Westhollow to the residents for feedback and input.
Give us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Read More →
[embedsite src=”http://www.indiegogo.com/project/312060/widget/2105100″ width=”224px” height=”439px”frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”]
Westhollow Society is sponsoring the drive to raise funds for the Park Forest neighborhood’s sign toppers. We are utilizing IndieGoGo, similar to Kickstarter, to coordinate the funding and pledges.
This will help to give Park Forest an identity that it currently lacks within the scope of Dallas neighborhoods. It will ultimately help to raise property values, recognition, and the sense of community within both Park Forest and Westhollow in general.
The pledge drive has 60 days to fund the project.
Click Here To Donate